As the Fall season approaches and the weather is getting colder, you will soon start to find annoying pests and insects in your home trying to stay warm. These pests can show up anywhere in your home, especially in your basement if you have one. Flies, beetles, spiders, and more will be looking to make your O’Fallon, IL home their vacation spot this Fall. What other pests might you find this fall?
Common Fall Pests
- Flies: The common fly is likely to show up in your home to stay warm during the Fall. These insects are harmless however they are annoying. They can also spread bacteria through your home.
- Ladybugs: These insects will love the opportunity to sit by your windows in your home during the Fall. They are social creatures that will often be found in groups trying to keep warm at this time of year. If they are disturbed, however, they are known to spread a disgusting-smelling chemical that is known to cause a reaction in some people.
- Daddy Longlegs: One of the biggest creatures you may find lurking in your home, they tend to not be as disruptive as others. They are known to be clean, for pests at least, and are known to eat rotting food and dead bugs. They might be cool to see in your yard but seeing them in your home is no fun.
- Wasps: There may be nothing scarier than seeing a wasp flying around in your home. They have painful stings and can be aggressive. Queen wasps can get into your home and create nests before it gets too cold and they die out. They can have nests close to doors and other frequently used areas of your home.
- Brown Recluse Spider: These venomous spiders often hide out in your basement, attics, or any other area of your home that is not used often. They will hide in boxes and other accessible containers to them. They are identifiable by their violin-shaped body and being either light tan or dark brown. Watch out when going through your decorations this year as their bite is potent enough to require immediate medical attention.
- Termites: If you use wood for a fireplace or stove in your home, make sure you put it somewhere far away from your home. Having wood too close to your home could draw in termites. These pests can break the foundation of your home if they get in. This can cost you thousands of dollars to repair.
Ways You Can Protect Your Home
Make sure you seal up any cracks or holes in the foundation, roofing, siding, or anywhere else around your home. These spaces give insects an easy way into your home. You can also buy and place some sticky traps around your home to eliminate any insects that are in your home. If everything else fails and you need to get insects out it’s best to call a professional.
Need a professional and reputable pest removal service in the O’Fallon, IL area? Give our team over at Brady Pest & Termite Management a call today and we will be there to assist you in any way we can.